Friday, March 21, 2014

love*birds: 3.21.14

things i am loving this week:
~ i found a visa gift card that still had over $100 on it!! hello free shopping!
~ cropped shirts. i never thought i could wear them, but i am impatiently waiting for spring so i can pair them with high-waisted skirts!
~ thrifting. ok, i always love thrifting, but the other day i went shopping and found some pretty fabulous finds (including some pretty amazing red cowboy booties).
~ just when i was having a super hard day, both my kids decided to be extra nice to me. henry even offered me an unsolicited hug.

and here are some other things we are loving this week.

megan bird
black cat tee
this is exactly the kind of shirt i was talking about in my likes above. exactly the kind of outfit, actually. add in the cute cat print, and this shirt is for sure a winner.

coco white leather boots
are these not the cutest booties you have ever seen? i love the texture and the ankle strap. and who knew i needed a pair of white booties?

crossbody canvas bag
i'm not going to lie. when i saw this bag on etsy, my stomach did like 3 mini flips. i got excited when i saw it. because...cute! every detail about this bag is perfection, from the pattern, to the mixed fabrics and textures. i am in love! (also, it's vegan leather, my favorite kind of leather!)

vintage mustard polka dot dress
do you not just want to buy this dress and immediately put it on and go dancing? or at the very least, put it on and spin wildly in your back yard? no? just me? oh well, i'll do it anyways! this dress is perfection!

porcelain and rope planter
i am a real sucker for planters, which is funny because i don't have the greenest of thumbs. but that doesn't stop me from trying. and a cute planter like this might motivate me to study up about house plants a little more!

blog*love
EatPrayWearLove
leah of EatPrayWearLove is rocking this outfit. seriously...do you ever see an outfit and just wish you could wear it? that's how i feel about this. that skirt looks amazing on her and i'm so jealous of bare feet in sandals!!

insta*love
follow along @meglets

they can pretend that they aren't best of friends, but when the kids camp out on the floor together and snuggle up this close...well, sleep doesn't lie. they clearly love each other. and i love them...too adorable!

nora bird

this is the perfect springtime dress! i adore the vibrant color and the gorgeous picnic and poppy print.


this delicate, ornate laser cut mobile is gorgeous! i love the pretty woodland creatures! i don't even want this for my kids' rooms, i want it hanging in my bedroom!


this is such a cool, unique top. i love the loose, oversized style and the way it drapes. it looks so comfy and so chic!


this beautiful, hand-painted scarf just screams spring! this is simply stunning. almost too pretty to wear! but i really want to wear it!


this blouse is such a beauty. whimsical and elegant at the same time. i adore the floral collar and the open back.

blog*love

yesterday was the first day of spring and, while it may not feel very spring-y yet, i am ready to ditch the wintry comfort foods in favor of some lighter, springtime flavors. molly's asparagus and gruyere tart, in this post, sounds perfectly springlike and delicious! i will be making this asap!

insta*love
follow along @mrsbeyers

the other day, before jim left for work, i caught he and ben in the sweetest father/son embrace ever. i couldn't resist taking a photo. how sweet are my boys???

happy friday! what are you loving today???

xoxo, two birds

19 comments:

  1. I love the polka dot dress and the shirt with the floral collar. I'm trying to be good and not do a lot of shopping lately but these posts definitely don't help! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find on the boots. I'm loving that the weekend is here. Its been a rough week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you're the sweetest! Thanks for featuring me!

    EatPrayWearLove

    ReplyDelete
  4. That final picture is so sweet! I love little moments like that.
    -ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is so neat about the Visa gift card! I am thinking about getting a crop top too but I'm still iffy. I think I have to try one on and see how I feel about it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $520 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so much to love here! The best are the photos of family of course! What sweetness and love. Now, I am not one to go gaga over graphic tees or any sort of animal print but I WANT that black cat tee shirt. I also want the 'casual loose top' and can I please have that model's legs too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan, I love all of your picks this week - especially the entire outfit with the cat shirt and mint skirt and that cute bag! I should hire you to shop for me, you are always finding things I'd love!
    Nora - your boys are too cute! I love catching mine together like that too!
    Have a great weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great find! yeah for shopping! :) love that shift dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those IG photos are the SWEETEST things! Yay for free shopping, and that cat print tee is too cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you lose a gift card with $100 on it?! :-) Free shopping is always awesome especially when you least expect it. Loving the crossbody bag and the butterfly scarf.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much for the blog love ladies!
    you will have to let me know what you think if you make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for featuring my Woodland Animal mobile on your blog! I am honored and happy to have made your acquaintance. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything! I want both the open-back, and the cat tops! That planter looks cool as hell too, I bet you guys could do a DIY version!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely is that photo of both your families- love them both for the love shown in both! I love that polka dot dress too- yes yes yes, I'd dance in that!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that porcelain planter! Very pretty idea!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some gorgeous fashion which I am admiring, and some adorable young children which I am envying ( wait till you are my age with no grand kids on the horizon.. (:
    Love all of the looks- the butterfly tee- the mod shift, the must have white booties,and I agree, I love to thrift, twIce the wear, twice the love!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want that shirt dress and I want to wear those white boots with them
    $100 gift card just laying around...how could that happen??? LOL
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. that scarf is one of the most original things i've seen! wow!

    ReplyDelete