Tuesday, March 27, 2012

tuesday remix: sister style

jim and i had a second ultrasound yesterday and got to see our little guy in action again. i love seeing him on the big screen. it is just so cute to get a peek at him moving around, look at his little heart beating, see his little fingers and toes, check out his profile. magical. i have recently started to feel him moving around and he is quite active. he woke me up at 4am the other morning and i swear he was having a little dance party inside my tummy. so i wasn't surprised when the ultrasound tech was having trouble getting a good picture of his hands because he was basically fist bumping and waving his little hands all over. totally raving out. i am so happy he is having a good time in there!

for this week's remix, i chose a shirt i purchased recently at forever 21 (when megan and i went on a little shopping binge after our shopping ban ended). i was trying to find some regular clothes that would work for the next few months (most maternity clothes are just not cute!), and this was one of the tops i picked out. i am not sure i am loving it on me. it doesn't quite work with the belly. so perhaps megan can just keep it for the next few months and then i can steal it back once i have this little guy. it'll be good for covering that post-baby bulge! let us know what you think!

outfit one: statement boots



jacket~ hand-me-down from megan
tank top~ Old Navy maternity
jeans~ b. (a resale shop)
boots~ vintage, Junk Love

outfit two: bright whites



skirt/belt~ vintage, thrifted
earrings~ H&M
shoes~ $9.98 store

we hope you have an awesome tuesday!

xoxo, two birds

28 comments:

  1. Gimme that skirt Megan Bird!!! And those boots Nora! lol...you two look amazing as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love those aqua vintage boots! They just make the whole outfit amazing! And Megan's outfit is too cute with the polka dots/stripes in rainbow colors!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shirt! And I'm dying over those aqua boots! I don't know if I've ever seen boots that color before, they are amazing! Megan, love the dots/stripes combo, looks like a great spring/summer outfit that goes well with the crazy warm weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you both look so cute, but I must say i prefer look with the skirt a bit more... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just peed my pants over those statement boots.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt! I love, love it Megan!

    And Nora - I think you're working that shirt quite well, even with your adorable bump.:)
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how versatile this shirt is! the first look is totally toughened up with those amazing boots!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, I knew those boots would be awesome. It was so good to see you both! Love the outfits as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those boots and the white outfit! The second outfit reminds me of Maria's in West Side Story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora I think the top looks great on you. I am glad he is having fun as well! :) And Megan I love love how you styled it with the skirt! That shirt is awesome.
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I love the statement boots, I cant get over how cute that second outfit is. Its quirky and unexpected but still totally wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boots are so cool and the skirt in the second look is really cute :)

    Have a great week!
    Fashion in Pepperland

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving how the same top can look so different in each outfit!! I am also in love with the blue boots of the first outfit! gorgeous.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely top!!!! Love the headband Nora, it makes me think of Flashdance!!!
    Oooh, Megan, lovely skirt with candy-stripes and POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the floaty top -- the way you styled it shows how versatile it is. :) Like the boots and beautiful striped skirt as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always you both do a fabulous job of mixing modern and vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooo I've never seen coloured boots like that, how totally funky and fun! Quite jealous. And I've GOT to try that bright white look, it's so refined and vintage fabulous.

    <3 cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. nora, those boots & that blouse. yes it most definitely works on you! megan, i want your earrings! those shoes were less than $10? score.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the blue boots and Megan's striped skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice looks!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for a good looking ultrasound! I got a chill reading your post. It sounds wonderful.
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in love with that white outfit! And how cute are those blue boots!?

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those blue boots are so fun! I wish I could still wear boots right now but it's already too hot! And that vintage skirt is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These looks are both just sooooo very good. The silhouettes, the individual pieces. You girls sure know how to make really phenomenal outfits out of "everyone has something like it" pieces. I especially adore how fresh this spring-y set is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want each and every item you are wearing in that second look! I LOVE the pencil skirt especially! Gosh you are looking good lady! And congrats on the baby boy. Really love exploring your blog!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. very cute top, these outfits are lovely. You gals are always colors experts. The blue boots are stunning and the pin striped skirt really adorable!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete