Friday, February 17, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): blue leopard



sweater~ H&M
tank/jeans~ F21
boots~ Jessica Simpson



this is a little glimpse into my normal, everyday wear. a super easy outfit that still looks relatively pulled together. one might even call it a bit boring if not for the bright blue leopard sweater. i always like to add a little bit of fun or quirk to even the most mundane of outfits, whether in the form of a funky accessory, a wild pair of shoes, or a bright cardigan made of the rarest leopard fur around. not many people know about the blue leopard. many even think they went the way of the unicorn. but i am here to tell you that there was at least one left and i met him when i was on one of my many expeditions through the jungles of africa. i was lost and cold and when i saw him, i became very scared. but then he spoke to me and calmed me down and then he totally let me borrow his sweater! turns out he just found it on sale at H&M and couldn't pass it up. he brought it back to the leap of leopards (a group of leopards is called a leap. i totally didn't have to google that.) he was hanging with and they all had a good laugh. and he had been tricking explorers and leopard scientists (yes, there is such a thing. just trust me. no need to look it up.) ever since! so, yes, this may be a boring outfit, but at least there is an exciting story* behind it!

happy friday, all! i hope you have a fabulous and adventure-filled weekend!

xoxo, nora bird

*none of this is true.

29 comments:

  1. What a cute, chic outfit! I love your hair! <3

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is basically my weekend uniform. Jeans, cardigan, and a tshirt or tank. Looks comfy but still polished!

    http://hipsandhangers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that story makes me smile, & so does your outfit nora bird. i really like the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote this whole rant about being mundane on my blog two days ago! Weird. Anyway, you look adorable and I love the story about the leopards and the scientists. Thanks for cracking me up this morning!
    --TS
    http://thriftedshift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a really beautiful pregnant woman!!COMPLIMENTS!!
    anna

    http://letourbillondelavie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leopard print cardigan! It is adorable! I don't think it's a boring outfit at all! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boot are stunning. I need them. Can we swap? Are they a size 6? Love the tiny belly and love this outfit. Headbands were made for your hair Nora. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it's boring at all - love the blue sweater, and how it frames that cute belly of yours!!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the sweater...how cute your belly looks xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cardi is so unusual and pretty!! I have a pink leopard too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blue leopard cropped sweater is super-cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that I am a girl who loves her basics, but I don't think you can go wrong with fitted jeans and a cute cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, comfortable and polished - you can't go wrong with that! :) That blue leopard cardi is so cute and so are those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute! Love your boots and your "baby bump accessory" lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't even notice your baby bump until your side pic! SO cute!!~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love an outfit that incorporates closet staples.

    Totally googled "leap of leopards" after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! Do visit again! I love the animal print cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cute sweater and the bump! It's growing by the day! Yay!

    Animal groups names are so strange, my favorite is for ferrets and flies... a group is called a "business"... so this summer when there are a bunch of flies around, you can impress everyone and be all "why are there a business of flies in here?"

    ReplyDelete
  19. BAHAHAH. You make me laugh. I would totally watch your reality show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your adorable!! :) I love this combo.

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, I like the side comment 'none of this is true'- just in case people needed that fyi, lol =P

    ReplyDelete
  22. What part of the world do blue leopards come from?

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the random fact of the day haha. now I know how to appropriately describe a group of leopards if I ever need to. a leap! haha I love your style of writing, it made me chuckle :P the headband adds a cute touch to your outfit :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are super cute and I'm loving your boots! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loove the sweater!! And your boots! And hair! :)

    ReplyDelete