Thursday, February 9, 2012

let's talk shop: valentine's day

i like to say that i am not a huge valentine's day person, but that's kind of a lie. i like any occasion that allows you to tell people how much you love them. granted, you should do that every day, but it's nice to have an occasion to really say how you feel. while chris and i don't go out for the day, i do have little ways to make it special ~ heart-shaped pancakes, cards around the house, presents for the kids...little things like that. maybe throw in a lap dance or some boudoir photos and call it a day. am i kidding about the last part? you'll never know.

i wanted to pull a few items from the etsy shop as a fun example of what i might wear on a fancy night out for valentine's day...if we were to go out.





the dress can be found here.
the coat can be found here.
my ponytail can be found in my linen closet.

and of course, no valentine's day is complete without gifts.

for her
vintage cable knit fringe cape
1920s whitman's chocolate ad

for him
vintage cocktail glasses
vintage love pictures
and of course, you need a little something to wear to bed...
be my valentine slip/dress
whether you are at home making pancakes for your kiddos, or out painting the town a perfect shade of valentine red, i hope your day is filled with love!!

xoxo,
megan bird

21 comments:

  1. That little pink dress is so sweet... perfect for a little lap dance :D

    I agree, I used to lie and pretend V-Day wasn't that special (after all, it is just a Hallmark holiday), but it is nice to get dressed up and ignore everyone else for a day and remember how much we care about the ones we love. Although, we should do it everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Valentine's Day and I'm not afraid to admit!!! I go totally overboard with it ;)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, you are a riot. How about the ponytail in the linen closet? Happy Vday to you too. I still want to get dressed up just because. Rob and I are getting our taxes done on Vday. Romance at its best. You look sweet, sexy and slim in your pink dress. Love it on you. The bar glass with the blocks was my next favorite. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies - such romantics! These sexy outfits are real "Eye Catchers"! If you get a chance stop by and link up with me for my Eye Candy of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your romantic ideas! I'm planning on wearing the "date night" outfit I got at your styling event for V-day this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fringe cape is amazing. Love that.
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the first rosy dress, it looks lovely!!!
    thanks so much for your comment on my blog!
    xxx Anita
    p.s. I really enjoyed reading the previous post, your friend was right, a good decision to cancel the lunch date...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is just nothing so gorgeous as vintage lingerie, seriously. Love the white slip...and the heels you're wearing with it are darling!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Bar blocks! I also love the Vintage 70s cream, off-white Cable knit Fringe Cape.... I really need to shop your shop! :)

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sweet pink color with the fur!! so cute!

    xx
    Krissie

    http://thecriminallyexpensive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI! thanks for your sweet commen on my blog!!
    that coat is to die for!! and the pink dress, very cute for a st valentine's date.
    I am happy to be your newest follower! xx Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with both these soft, pretty looks! that fur is amazing.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress... so lovely!!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely!
    *******
    HF

    http://the-hf-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm diggin the bangs and ponytail. I wanna grow my hair out. And those vintage bar glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Valentines day isn't that big here, no-one I know celebrates it...

    I LOVE that fur coat and that is one pretty pink dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore that sweet pink dress! it looks good on you! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww that pale pink dress is SO romantic - I love it! And that cape is so cute too :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty pink dress, so perfect for Valentine's Day!

    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete