Saturday, February 11, 2012

because i need more things to put stuff on

when i see something cute for our house, i have a very hard time not buying it. case in point, the whole fam went to the thrift store last night to look for fun board games (hello rack-o!!). luckily chris was with me, or else i might have left with a few small pieces of furniture. i honestly have a hard time passing up inexpensive mid-century furniture. but a woman can only have so many cabinets and end tables in one house. right? no really, right? because i always want more. 

as i was browsing the store, i inadvertently picked this little guy up, accidentally walked to the check-out counter, and before anyone knew it, he was mine. 

i have always wanted to decorate our house with an old ladder...and i finally found this baby one for a mere $4.99.
and now he sits right next to the couch, holding some fun stuff...waiting for a drink to be placed upon his top shelf.

and desi loves it, too.

and now i am off to make us a pitcher of champagne margaritas! (yum!) perhaps my glass will be the first to rest on our little ladder's shoulders.

happy saturday!
xo,
megan bird

27 comments:

  1. I love it! Its hard for me to pass up great midcentury pieces too...Guess we'll have to buy more houses to put everything in lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I great find!
    I guilty of that too, I'm especially bad with prints and cup/saucer sets...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet before you know it, you'll be using this ladder to reach the top shelves in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! I want a ladder for my house! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww this is adorable :) i love how quirky and vintage it all looks <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan, I have really been influenced by you and your sister's decorating style. I have been wanting to change up as it has been 7 years since my husband and I moved into our house. I decorated every room then but now want to update. Thanks for all of the little glimpses into your homes. It gives me some inspirational ideas. This ladder is just awesome. Love how you fixed it up. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous and sweet little ideas. Love it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool idea! I never would have thought to decorate using an old ladder!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! It looks really cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I loove it! We had a little ladder or trinkets in my college apartment, and now I'm dying to find another! Guess some thrifting is in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect spot too!



    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great price! The thrift store near my house has a vintage ladder for $50!!! They are insane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea! I love such things that make a house a home :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. And of course it has a globe on it too! :) Absolutely lovely piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such an adorable and unique idea for a little shelf. Your dog is also precious!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Champagne margaritas sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to hire you to decorate my house! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow so creative I would have never thought of decorating with an old latter. I love all of the trinkets you put on it! Thanks for your sweet comment I'm now following via GFC. Would love if you followed me back!!
    xo

    dearest-lou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute ladder, I would love to have it too. That's a very brilliant idea for using a ladder!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That start fish is amazing, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the cute mini globe! I know what ya mean, Its hard to pass up cute stuff at thrift shops you can find some use for!

    ReplyDelete