Saturday, November 19, 2011

happy birthday, nora bird!

today is nora's birthday! she is my all-time favorite 32-year old sister! we have always been friends, even when we were little (or when she was little, and i was much older than her). we shared a room as kids and used to watch moonlighting under the covers with my tiny 5" black and white portable tv. and many days, i would convince her to give me back rubs in exchange for a swipe of my blistex. sometimes i would time how long it took her to run and get me a drink. she really enjoyed the competition =). ok, so i took a little advantage of her when she was younger. but i also played games with her, made her dinner and babysat her many a times.

and now we're older and we are still the best of friends. it has been fun watching her grow up, and now i just feel like we are the same age...although i still get protective of my little baby sister.

so happy birthday, nora bird. i love you and hope you have a fabulous day. how can you not when it will be spent partially with me???
xoxo,
megan bird

18 comments:

  1. Awww...sweet post! Happy birthday, Nora! ( I'll be 32 in Feb. Eeeek! ) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute!

    Happy Birthday, Nora! Party time! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. November birthdays are awesome! (I have one too!)

    Happy happy birthday Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww....so sweet! thank you! i am lucky to have such an amazing big sis. and i am excited to hang out tonight! xoxoxoXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Nora. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post was a sunshine smile. happy birthday nora!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Nora!! It's great to have your sister as your best friend. I have an older sister and we are super close also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Nora! You guys are so sweet. I have a sister too and it's such a great reltaionship!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, thats sweet!! Happy b-day Nora!!!

    ♥Priiincesss
    http://www.ltf.styleofalifetime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! What a sweet post! Happy birthday to Nora!! The part about the backrubs and timing her to get the drink really reminded me so much of my older sister! She would get me to scratch her back or an arm all the time, and send me on all kinds of errands for her. Sisters are the best:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy birthday! Hope it was fabulous!!
    cate@wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet! Happy birthday, Nora!
    P.s.: these old photos are just adorable.
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Nora!

    You ladies definitely make me miss living closer to my sisters...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday Nora, I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so very sweet. it's so fun hearing how much you love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nora I am so sorry that I missed wishing you a happy birthday. You are so young and beautiful, a great mama and fab fashionista along with being a great sister. Happy Day. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete