Tuesday, September 6, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

hey, guys and gals! how are you all? i missed you all this weekend. jim, mimi and i headed to chicago for the weekend for a family wedding. we decided to save some money on plane fare and make it a road trip, which isn't always easy or fun with a little one. but she did amazingly well (except when we discovered that, like her mama, mimi gets car sick if she reads in the car. yuck and yuck). other than that minor speed bump, it was pretty much smooth sailing. we got to stay in a hotel (i love staying in hotels. it always feels so luxurious.), spend lots of time with our lovely family, relax and just have a good time. and we arrived back home in time for me to spend some quality time with my youngest sister, who was in town again for a few days! a lovely labor day weekend, indeed. i hope you all enjoyed yours, as well! unfortunately, i missed out on inspiration monday, but i will be back next week!

for today's remix, megan chose another shirt that i want to steal. are you sensing a trend here? she has the best wardrobe! it is a perfectly casual yet structured DKNY top that she thrifted at ARC on a 50% off day. what a steal! i really love it. it is such a great shade of olive green/brown, and the back features this heather grey jersey block that is sort of unexpected but so cool. i will be borrowing (stealing) this shirt a lot in the future! i hope you enjoy the remix (and the shirt) as much as i do!

outfit one: tuck and roll




and the back detail:

jeans- William Rast, thrifted
belt- vintage, thrifted
boots- thrifted, brand unknown
bracelets- thrifted and H&M
ring- H&M
earring- flea market

outfit two: casual layers




leggings- F21
peach tank- H&M
green tank- Target
socks- Target
Boots- Alloy
earrings- F21
necklaces- vintage, thrifted

i hope you are all having a fabulous tuesday!!!

xoxo, two birds










15 comments:

  1. I LOVE that top! That style (equipment/utility) is actually on my wishlist this month and that back detail is amazing!!! Always love the sister remix...oh, and thrifted william rast jeans? yes, please!!!
    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love the casual layers look with the long necklaces, leggings, and boots. I'm going to steal this look for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wide legged jeans with the top tucked in. I also love the top untucked with layers and boots. I have my boots on today too:) I did a major happy dance yesterday when it was cool enough to wear them again;)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Megan's idea of wearing a button down shirt open and layered over tanks. I think I am going to have to try this (especially since none of my button downs actually button over the belly these days).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely birds you never cease to amaze me with what you come up with. I love both looks. Wide leg jeans are my favorite and Nora you are rockin those!! Megan, I love layers so much, especially when it looks effortless...nicely done. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sisters are so fab! I love this shirt both ways. It's one of my favorite neutrals.

    Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blouse is beautiful and I love the versatility of it. You two have shown it off in the best possible light.

    xx- AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt is so cool! I love how utilitarian it is, but the back is what really makes it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this shirt! i've been on the lookout for one in a black silk to wear during all seasons, loose with shorts and gold/bronze jewelry in the summer, leggings in the fall, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this shirt tucked with the flare jeans, and also as a jacket over leggings. Both looks are amazing. I have a similar shirt, and I can't wait to style it up these two different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked thorough these pictures, and wanted to steal both of your outfit ideas. i'm ready for slouchy fall tops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE both of these outfits=)

    the second one makes me sooo ready for fall. you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this top, nice find Megan! And I love how Fall-ish you guys look!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, that shirt is fantastic! Both outfits are right up my alley, nice work guuuuuuuuuuuurls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect looks! Love the back detailing.

    ReplyDelete