Thursday, September 8, 2011

frugal feathers: you don't get a car!

i was frantically rummaging through my closet last weekend trying to pull out all of my summer dresses that i was so excited to wear last winter, and then never did. you know how it goes...winter gets long and you start to daydream about all of your fun summer clothes. and then summer rolls around and you realize you have so many dresses that you can't possibly wear them all in one summer. no? is that just me? a coworker told me the other day that he doesn't think he's ever seen me in the same outfit. i'm like oprah, but poor. noprah. that's what i'll call myself.

"you don't get a car. you don't get a car. you don't get a car! nobody gets a car!"
(if you were here right now, you would hear me saying this in my very best oprah voice.)

anyways, this is one of the dresses that i found. granted, with some cable-knit tights and a granny cardigan, this will transition perfectly to fall/winter, but i wanted to wear it the easy, breezy summer way too!


dress ~ Forever 21, thrifted $2.99
shoes ~ vintage, thrifted $7.99
watch ~ gift from sister, free
earrings ~ Forever 21, $2.99
sunglasses ~ Heartbreaker, $4.99


i will leave you with some oprah thoughts...
what we dwell on is who we become.
standing up for your beliefs builds self-confidence and self-esteem.
my va-jay-jay is painin'. (wait, what?)
xoxo,
megan bird



8 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud in my office and almost spit out my rice noodles. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha! Noprah--I love it! I actually went to an Oprah Show taping a few years ago, but she didn't give away anything that day. She must have been channeling Noprah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those shoes, and I think that dress will look cute with fall layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freakin funny!!! Great post and I love you in sun glasses especially with your bangs. Adorable dress and I can't believe those shoes are thrifted. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress and what a steal you got on it! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dress is so cute! i love the color of the shoes and the earrings are pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My biggest problem is that half of what I want to wear in summer isn't work appropriate, and by the time I get home after a day at work... I don't want to wear anything at all. There are still a few more hot days to bask in though, I should go closet hunting this weekend for any lost dresses I've forgotten about...

    ReplyDelete