Wednesday, September 7, 2011

frugal feathers: start spreading the news...

i'm leaving today...actually, i'm leaving tomorrow morning for a girl's weekend in nyc. i am so so so excited. i love visiting new york and it will be so fun to be there with three of my oldest and best friends. and it will be nyfw, so we'll see what happens! i am a little (okay, a lot) sad, though. it is my first trip away from my little mimi. i know she will be well taken care of by her dad, grandma and aunties, but it will still be hard to be away for the whole weekend. 
i thought i would do a quick little post before i left (bright and early!) tomorrow. i went thrifting on labor day and picked up some goodies, and thought i would show a few of them off. i hope you like!





shirt- a.n.a., free from erin
skirt- Old Navy, thrifted (Savers), $3.00
belt- thrifted (Savers), $0.99
boots- vintage, thrifted (Savers), $7.99
bracelets- H&M and thrifted (mostly from Savers for under $1 each)
ring- H&M
bird necklace- F21
pendant necklace- Marc by Marc Jacobs, gift

i hope you all have a great weekend! i will see you on monday!

xoxo, nora bird

10 comments:

  1. Lovely color purple. Hope you enjoy your time- sounds fab.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o0o love that outfit! So fall and cute!

    I got my map at a yard sale that I worked at (one of my dad's friends)
    Thank you for your comment I am so proud of how it turned out =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this color combo! great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so jealous...I love New York! Have so much fun :)

    Love the boots today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I've never been to New York - it's on the list though. I've left the munchkins once for a weekend - it was better and worse than I thought it would be. I hope you have a blast!

    Jenn
    Secondhand Stylist Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  6. great boots! i love the color of them. i just recently broke out my boots this weekend, too. have a great time in nyc!

    [oomph.]
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very envious of your girls weekend away in the best city ever! Have fun, make sure you find some thrift time! Love your boots

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I was totally looking at these pictures thinking to myself, "I used to have a shirt exactly like that. I wonder what thrift store she got it from." Wow. I'm cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this outfit! That purple and brown combination is so beautiful together and I love love love your boots!

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete