Tuesday, July 5, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

after our fourth of july celebration, i was so full of potato salad, red, white and blue salad (perhaps megan will share the recipe. super easy and surprisingly yummy!), soy hot dogs and vodka lemonades that i could barely think straight. that must mean it was a good day! most of the family met up on megan's patio yesterday to celebrate the fourth and really just to hang out. i always have the best time with my sisters and their hubbies and kiddos. we always eat too much and laugh too hard (if laughing too hard is even possible. i think not). so much fun. i am so sad for the long weekend to come to an end. but at least a long weekend means a short work week!

this week's remix item was megan's choice again. (i promise to pick the next two weeks, megan)! it is a super cute tank that megan scored at a garage sale. i absolutely love the adorable bow detail! it is a fun top that may just stay in my closet a bit longer before i return it...shhhh...that'll be our little secret...


outfit one: black tie




jeans- 15dollarstore.com
shoes- Nine West, thrifted
necklace- Express
earrings- F21


outfit two: short circuit




shorts- F21
shoes- Jessica Simpson, thrifted
belt- thrifted
earrings- F21
bracelets- Dots, Gift, vintage, thrifted
headband- garage sale


have a great tuesday, everyone!!!


xoxo, the birds









15 comments:

  1. the curls look great and i'm now following, so i can see all this inspiration monday hype! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bow detail on the shirt. What a fabulous find! You both look terrific.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to get my mom and I to do a posting like this, 1 item worn by 2 people! I am going to show this to her :) I love how you both styled this adorable top!

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top is so cute - I love both of the ways that it's worn...I'm such a sucker for a bow!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tank on both of you! And wow, Megan looks smokin' in those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both of the earrings! and the top of course is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute top! Great outfit.

    http://blog.badjoan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both are adorable! Either I need to start copying and pasting past comments to you or I have to get more creative.
    La, La, La connect the dots!
    Truly, I love the skinnies (which I wear) the heels and peep toes.............
    Good job little birds

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top is cute, and there's nothing better than cookout food during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous that you guys can live out of each other's closets like this...I obviously need to move closer to my sisters :)

    I love both of these looks...I cant wait to try them with a float tank top og my own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally smitten with your curly hair, and I adore the way you both wore this top! Perfectly cute, creative, unique, and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that top is a great length for wearing both as a tunic and tucked into bottoms

    well done ladies~

    ReplyDelete