Friday, July 22, 2011

new loves and old friends: nothing comes between me and my calvins

(except maybe a pair of granny panties)
a few months ago, i asked you all the question, "what is the perfect pair of jeans?" well, i think i found them. i was thrifting the other day...i had had a bad day, and needed a little retail therapy. really, i needed to buy dog food, and i used that as an excuse to go to a thrift store. they're related, right? anyways, i saw these jeans on the 50% off rack and thought they looked adorable. they also looked teeny. but i grabbed them, because, hey...if they don't fit me, i can always donate them to the shop! but lo and behold, they were like the sisterhood of the traveling pants. they fit. and not only did they fit, but they were pure comfort. waist line just high enough to cover my l'il tummy, hips wide enough to fit, but not so snug that they make me uncomfortable. sure, they were a little short, but nothing that a little cuffing can't fix. voila, the perfect jean. plus they are vintage calvin klein, so i can totally pretend i'm a blue lagoon era brooke shields when i wear them.




new loves
t-shirt ~ marshalls
necklace ~ F21
earrings ~ F21

old friends
sandals ~ vintage, thrifted
jeans ~ vintage calvin klein, thrifted

happy friday, all! i hope your weekend are full of fun!

xoxo,
megan bird

24 comments:

  1. Nothing, NOTHING, beats a great pair of jeans and these are fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your perfect pair, yay!! And htis looks scream effortlessly chic, love it!!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding a great pair of jeans I think is one of the greatest thing a person can ask for.
    I love the look of a simple grey t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok these look great on you and so does the entire outfit in front of your scamp. I am so jealous of both. Great post....you look so hip! Thanks for the thoughts about my little mama...it helps! Dawn xo oh and yes cat food is a great excuse to buy new shoes at target because they sell both. very funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those jeans look great on you! I have the worst luck with pants at the thrift store, probably because I'm built a little like Spongebob. :)

    I really like the necklace, too. Forever 21, huh? I'm going to have to see if I can find it!

    Jenn
    Sec

    ondhand Stylist
    Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace, great look on you!

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so perfect! there is nothing quite like finding jeans that fit like a glove. and um, blue lagoon brooke shields = awesome.

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look super cute and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So JEALOUS. Those are fantastic on you. I know this is a wierd request, but next time let's see the butt. I don't mean that in a pervy way, it's just, you know...good jeans are all about the butt.

    Sorry. There's just no way that doesn't sound pervy, huh?

    And you're wearing my fave sandals, too!!

    Also - the SCAMP!!

    Can we trade, like, everything?

    ReplyDelete
  10. a-dorable. best look ever, head to toe. happy weekend, birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those jeans are adorable! I love the front pockets! And that scamp in the background... so great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the jeans! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the necklace.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah... nothing can make me happy like a good pair of comfy jeans! Glad you found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great head to toe, but that necklace truly makes the outfit work. What a great find, and F21 at that! Love!

    Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan, Love those jeans on you; the fit looks great. Is that your vintage camper parked out front? Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is related to make some room for shopping.. Love people who thrift! You always find the best unique one of a kind pieces... love the jeans by the way.

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  18. BARGAIN!!! I love a good thrifting and love it even more when something looks tiny and it inexpectedly fits - bonus! ;)

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. they are great calvins =) love this outfit =)

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/amarivintage

    ReplyDelete
  20. these look fantastic on you. May have to reconsider jean shopping at thrifts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Airy fairy is a great lipstick color - somewhat nude, but still colorful. I'm in love with that necklace!

    xoxo, Melanie
    glamorouslyromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this outfit head to toe! What an awesome necklace too...I need to make a trip to Forever 21 asap. You are the thrifting goddess! I have been browsing your post and you find the best things!

    ReplyDelete