Friday, July 15, 2011

la la la la la la tonight!

okay. i am really geeking out today! i have been listening to new kids on the block radio on pandora all day. it is totally pumping me up for tonight!!! not that i need any more pumping up, but whatever. so excited! for my concert outfit i wanted to wear something sweet and not too sexy. i mean, donnie and i may be on the verge of a secret love affair, but i am still a married woman. after littering my closet floor with a bunch of rejected outfits, i settled on this little number i bought a few years ago at forever 21. it is a little bit sexy, a little bit sweet. just right! paired with my favorite black skinnies and some comfy wedges, i think it'll do just fine. my oldest sister, carrie, also gave me a pack of garbage pail kids (remember them? so gross.) silly bands last night. never heard of silly bands? then you must not have a ten year old niece. they are all the rage with ten year olds! these particular silly bands come in such wonderful shapes as "poop", "blast" and "splatter".

super attractive, i know. but i thought i would throw these on for some color and a bit of playfulness...and if i meet some ten year old kids with better seats, these are the perfect bribing material...

oh, it is totally raining cats and dogs here, so indoor pictures it was. back to the beautiful wood paneling background i go!





have a fabulous weekend!


xoxo, nora bird









21 comments:

  1. That shirt is fantastic!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top is fantastic. I've seen those silly bands at the store but I didn't realize what they were really for. This sort of makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is great and I love your hair (shiny and curly)

    http://starry-eyedkisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I've never seen silly bands until now but I already LOVE them! haha. It is childish that I think the poop one is hilarious?! :)

    Super cute outfit!! LOVE the shoes, of course!! and the wood paneling background is perfect, I need a section like that somewhere in my house so I don't sweat 10 gallons when I walk outside for a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfit! I love the shirt and silly bands:)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous, have a great time!! My favorite NKOTB song is "Please don't go girl" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post!

    xo-Kayla Marie
    www.wildchildfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha.. I didnt kno what Silly bands were until the Kardashians were wearing them everywhere. Love your top here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit!
    The print on the top is super cute.
    I hope you have a fun night at your concert :D
    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know all about silly bands...which means I have kids, right?! Love your outfit...the top is too cute. Have a great time this weekend! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECT New Kids concert outfit. My boyfriend's teenage brother was talking about Silly Bands(z?) last Hanukkah, and I just could not wrap my head around them. "They're bracelets? In shapes? That you can't identify?" But he wasn't so lucky as to have a poop shaped one, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit! My sister postered her entire bedroom with NKOTB pictures when we were younger. My mom took pictures of it I should posted them sometime:)

    Julie

    PS Hope you all had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband's step-sister is all about silly bands!! She has a collection that goes from her wrist to her elbow. Makes me think back to what I was in to when I was that age. :)

    Hope you had a wonderful time at the concert!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look adorable! And I would've been on the silly bandz bandwagon a lot sooner if I knew they came in those shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love your outfit :)))

    LOVE minnja

    My ENGLISH FASHION BLOG:
    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those bands remind me of being in high school, I had armfuls they were never in funny shapes like that though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha I do know those silly bands as all the little kids I teach wear them! They usually have ones that are meant to be dogs or Hello Kitty or something..a bit nicer than poop! Like your wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your colourful wrist bands are so cute, they look like noodles :D
    Come follow my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um, I have a 9 year old cousin and she has not filled me in on those cool bands! I might have to buy a packet for me. I mean HER. Her. A packet for her. Oops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like rhrhis outfit, it's very fun and playful. Also in reference to your NKOTB BSB concert my sister saw them in concert too awhile ago and I'm pretty sure she screamed like a 15 year old girl too!

    ReplyDelete