Thursday, July 28, 2011

curious birds: are you a fashion risk taker?

i am not a risk taker in the classic sense. we talked a bit about that here. you won't see me jumping out of a plane for fun (fun? really?) anytime soon. but if there is one place i do like to take some risks it is with fashion. now, i am not claiming to be daphne guiness or lady gaga or anything. but i do believe in dressing fearlessly and wearing what i love. even if no one else does. when it comes to fashion, i feel like i can think outside of the box. while out thrifting i may see something truly hideous and think, i might be able to make that cute. it's fun for me. a challenge. i am also this way when i comes to my hair. my hair has been almost every length, style and color. okay, i have never been a platinum blond and i never will be. that would just look ridiculous. and i most definitely would not love it. but i love experimenting with cuts and styles. sometimes i will just go to my stylist and say, do something fun! whatever! which is pretty much just what i did yesterday. i know, i know! i was growing out my hair! and you were all so nice to try and talk me out of cutting it. but i think i always knew, deep down, that i would. once i get that itch, i need to scratch it. and maybe, just maybe, i have finally come to realize that i am not a long hair gal. of course i see those girls with the gorgeous, long beachy waves and and i think, that is so me. i am growing my hair out this instant. but, inevitably, i always chop it off. every time. and it is not usually something i think about too deeply or for too long. there are definitely emails back and forth to my sisters asking, should i? really? and they say yes and that is all i really need. it also helps that i have an amazing stylist. seriously the best. and really, it's just hair, right? so, what i want to know is, do you take fashion risks? do you wear what you love or cut your hair the way you want to no matter what others might think or say? i like to think that, for the most part, i do. so, while you'll never see me wingsuit flying (really people???), i'll always have the clothes in my closet and the hair on my head to have fun with!

alright. enough talk. i took a few pics of the new do while mimi and i were out playing yesterday. i hope you like it! but even if you don't, i do. and that is what really counts!





xoxo, nora bird





22 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks gorgeous!! The color, the cut, it's all perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Who do you go to? Wait. I'll just ask you the next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks FABULOUS! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the haircut. I wear what I want with a smile;) I cut my hair in different styles constantly even if I am told not to. You are right about the need for a great stylist. Mine is the bomb. I know in her hands I will never turn out fugly.

    I am not a safety risk taker either but clothes? Well I try my best. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. That is my risky business.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hair!!Looks fab on you, only wish I could pull the lovely short look off, but can't!
    Rachel
    http://yummymummysgalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your hair!! i'm the most boring hair person! I've had it short and long, and with some highlights but I've come to realize that i love my long hair and i love it natural, and am currently growing it out. highlights and dye always wash out, then you have to retouch and i just don't want to spend money on that ... I do wish i was more of a fashion risk taker, i am trying little by little, you and megan are my inspirations! (sorry for the long response :-/ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the length and style of your hair right now! But it's hard to keep one particular style for too long. I know I always have the urge to cut it short after I've started growing it out. Or go for some drastic color change - which has happened before. These pictures are adorable, by the way. What an adorable little one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! way to go, it will always grow back but in the mean time you look fabulous anyways!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your new hair!!!!! <3

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. The color is beautiful. I wish I was a risk taker like that-with hair anyway!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit and hair! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, I love this outfit! The colors are so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, your hair looks amazing! I love it! Perfect for these hot summer days too. Don't you feel like your head is really light now? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair -- and your outfit -- you look ahmazing!

    Have you ever considered submitting an outfit to The Wear to Go Girls FB page for their "Look of the Week"? You definitely should! Check it out here -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/...

    xoEmily
    http://theweartogogirls.tumblr.com
    http://lovelyandliterate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks great. I'm not much a risk taker with my clothes, but I've had a few crazy haircuts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new hair..so cute!

    Krystle
    http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your new 'do! It's so cute. :)
    I don't know if I would call myself a risk taker but I do wear what I want, when I want. I also get the hair styles I want (even though my stylist advised against my Betty Page-ish bangs, I got them anyway)! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's my first time here in your blog! This is great! I love your new hair!

    Do I take fashion risks? There's something inside of me that says I can't. There are rules to follow. But now that I read your post, I want to be a risk taker also. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure you'd look gorgeous if you did grow your hair out, but I think you look just as gorgeous with you hair cut short. Basically, I love the do :)

    Yeah, I also kind of love your picture taking partner in crime...she is so completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete