Tuesday, May 3, 2011

tuesday remix

wow. i has been a while since i have done the remix. we did the two birds remixes (here and here) for a couple of weeks. and then megan took over with her lovely remix while i was out of town. i'll admit, it was actually a nice little break. but it was really fun to get back to it! especially since i recently acquired some new clothes! this week's item is brand new to my wardrobe. it is a pretty floral blouse from forever 21. the floral pattern looks a bit like a watercolor painting which really drew me to the shirt. i love the blues and greens. the shape and the sheerness of the shirt caught my eye, too. it is a great piece to dress up as well as just throw on for a casual day. i think it will be a real wardrobe staple this spring and summer.

the item:



outfit one: ring the bell




jeans- h&m flary jeans
shoes- mossimo supply co, target
belt- vintage, thrifted

outfit two: short circuit




shorts- vintage, thrifted
booties- F21
necklace- h&m
earrings- craft fair in lake city, mn

outfit three: vest in show




vest- vintage, thrifted
jeans- F21
shoes- delicious, $9.88 store
bangle bracelets- vintage, thrifted


what do you think? how would you remix this blouse???

i hope everyone is having a great week thus far!

happy tuesday!

xoxo, nora bird









19 comments:

  1. i loved seeing this! i liked the top with the blue shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pairings! Can I come over and get posing lessons from you sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!!! I'm incredibly short, so I would try it as a micro mini type of bikini cover up with flip flops and a long silver chain necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh. I love the remix with the aqua shorts and booties. Very cute. Until recently I never knew just how versatile floral prints can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Vest in show"! ;) Love! I, too, bought a new shirt from the Gap. Yes, it was on clearance, but it was the first "new" shirt I've bought in a long time! Stange how addicted to thift stores I've become. It's floral and can be worn a few different ways. Love those pieces that you can dress up and down, tuck in, where with a belt, etc. etc. Cute post, N!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say... I would never, in a million years, have picked that shirt out in a store. But it looks amazing every single way you've styled it! You have real talent :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three combinations look great, it really seems like a good buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all three mixes and I would wear 1 and 3 in a heartbeat! I was thinking I would do the shirt with a belt, skinny jeans and platforms. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it would look cute tucked into a skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea. I love seeing how you remix things!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those vintage shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute combinations. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the birds are great remixers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those shorts! Great color!

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outfit #2 is my fave, with #3 a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a versatile blouse...I had to look back to realize that you had the same blouse on in every outfit...just right!! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this blouse! so beautiful. really like how you styled it. my fave is probably those fab mint shorts!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete