Monday, May 2, 2011

new loves and old friends: white out

the runways were white hot for spring! beige, cream and white were everywhere! i love this look. it is so clean and minimalistic. just a few fave looks...

michael kors

band of outsiders

valentino

chloe

tomorrow is the white out challenge over at Pretty Shiny Sparkly. so, why am i posting this today, you ask? well,  i have a hot new remix comin' at you tomorrow (okay, maybe not so hot! you can be the judge of that. but a new remix, for sure). and i didn't want to bore you with entirely too many photos of myself tomorrow! so i thought i would post my white out challenge ensemble today and then i will link up for the challenge on tuesday. but, please, make sure to check back at Pretty Shiny Sparkly tomorrow to see what fabulous outfits the other participants put together! i am so excited to check them out. i know i will be inspired!

my dress isn't white. more off an off-white or cream color, with beige/tan accents. but kristina did say we could use cream and beige. and she is the boss! so, here goes...







old friends

blazer- vintage, thrifted from everyday people

new loves

dress- erin fetherston for target
shoes- marc fisher, thrifted for me by megan bird
tights- target


i hope you're all having a fun start to the week!

xoxo, nora bird


images via here.








10 comments:

  1. What a great sister to thrift you such beautiful shoes! I love this look! It's very ladylike, but with an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did i also give you this dress? if not, then i had one just like it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!! Yours is so much better than mine. Totally adorable. I need to come raid your closet. K thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix! I love a great GO International dress and this one is no exception....I want it! :-)
    Also love your cute poses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! I almost bought that dress! I love your interpretation of this challenge, super fun shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same dress! I love it with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming over to get the shoes...so cute. You remind me of ALice in wonderland because the room looks like it is shrinking! HA!

    Would love it, if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “White Out”—you might get a good chuckle anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/white-out-change-it-up-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
    The Chief Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeee that dress. I had that dress and gave it away because it would not fit across my front...ehem. I was so disappointed when it didn't fit me because I found it at Goodwill for $5.99. Looks fabu. on you. Dawn Suitcase Vingettes. P.S. I am thinking of joining this challenge next week. Dawnxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was dressing that way 30 years ago, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete