Monday, May 16, 2011

inspiration monday: i "drew" the long straw

we were able to get to the sale a few minutes early so nora could snap some pics of me in my inspiration outfit yesterday. and yes, i wore these shoes the whole day at the sale. luckily i was able to sit for a good part of the day, so my feet aren't too sore. i am sure we will do another post about the sale later, so i won't talk too much about it other than to say that i honestly felt like i made hundreds of new friends this weekend. to be able to meet such awesome people, and to get style inspiration from all of the hip and trendy people who walked through our doors, was truly amazing. we had so much fun ~ i was with two of my best friends all weekend, and i am just so proud of us and so happy that we are growing our business. so if you came to the sale this weekend, thank you! if you couldn't, stay tuned for a post about how awesome it was!!! anyhow, on to today's outfit.

here is the inspiration...gorgeous drew barrymore. i have always loved her. she is quirky and cute and beautiful and carefree. i love how she dresses, whether or not she's dressed up for the red carpet, or dressed down for a trip to the coffee shop. always beautiful...


and here's my take. i should note that i did mean to wear a different pair of shoes. i grabbed them before i packed up for the sale, and must have forgotten to throw them in the car. i didn't mind though, because i do love me these gold beauties!





jeans/tank ~ target
jacket/necklace ~ f21
shoes ~ urban original
earrings ~ craft fair in lake city
scarf ~ garage sale

link up to show us all your look for the day!
happy monday, be inspired!







34 comments:

  1. OMG great and chic outfit! Love the shoes so much, makes you look really tall.

    visit me and check out my newest post!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes are so freakin' cute! LOVE the color and ruffles!

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those shoes are too cute. I never thought the gold ones could look so good for everyday. It works so well with the whole outfit.
    xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your outfit! Especially the jacket and the sequin stripe top. And of course, those shoes are suuuper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those shoes are stunning. I wish I could have made it to your sale this weekend, but I was afraid I would buy something, and I'm on self-imposed clothes spending break for the time being. I look forward to hearing about it later though...

    Dang. I forgot about Inspiration Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah! The golden shoes are just so fabulous! Your whole outfit is so fun and cute with the head band and kitty necklace. I like it that your pictures are now larger and makes you look so good.


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, your take on the outfit. You look SO gorgeous. Love the earrings, shoes, sequin tank, and the pretty head scarf. Such a fab look. Hope you're having a lovely Monday so far. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your take better than Drew's. Sorry Drew. It's a great mix of color and texture. That photo of you with one leg on the wall near the sign...HOT!! Love the headband down to the blue nail polish on your adorable toes... Dawn Suitcase Vignettes. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect golden tone. I wish they were mine, haha! ^^

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous take on the Drew look. I have liked her for awhile too. Also, gold shoes are just so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sequin tank and you look so good in those bold earrings! Glad to hear the sale was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really great take at Drew, those shoes should be mine, even if I seldom wear heels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    You look AMAZING!! Wrong shoes or not, they look great! Thanks for sharing such a fun inspiration.

    xoShelly
    www.gslillian.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had been able to make it to your dale. I really like the bigger pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE YOUR SHOES!!! sooo cute!!! you look great as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the outfit! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, quite the shoe! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that sequined shirt!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cuteness! you are so pretty. i love this outfit. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so adorable. I love the addition of the earings the most. The headscarf is very bohemian. Those are some cute heels.

    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww....I love these!!! You look so cute! I am having bird withdrawals. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous interpretation! Totally diggin' those heels- In a "who wore it best", I would totally vote for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sequin tank and heels are fabulous! I love your version of her look.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow, those shoes are amazing, and I love your little blue toesies peeking out... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rock on my fellow dress up Barbie! Cute outfit and love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That jacket is super cute and I definitely see the inspiration! I love Drew Barrymore's style!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, these shoes? Shazam! They're gorgeous. I really like the fitted jacket too; it's very flattering on you. You've channeled Ms. Barrymore well!

    www.academiasartorial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the sequin top/jacket combination and those heels are gorgeous! I did Inspiration Monday for the first time (even though I've uploaded a day too late) :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello and Happy Monday a day late! :) I especially love your jacket, it is fabulous! Also, your necklace rocks! Great job, and thanks for picking Drew Barrymore, I adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those SHOES!!!!!! omg, they are so fantastic!
    I keep on missing the monday inspiration--its my fault--havent gotten it together but I love it--love the photos you choose and I'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, I love Drew, and you nailed her look! I'm going to have to try this. I wish I had more time for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love this outfit and the shoes are DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that your striped shirt is sequined! I wish I had thought about that, then I probably would have participated.

    ReplyDelete