Friday, May 6, 2011

fbff: shoes glorious shoes

i got nothing for you today, so i'm just going to open with a joke about shoes.

knock, knock.

(you say) who's there?

wooden shoe.

(you say) wooden shoe,
who?

wooden shoe like to know!
ba doom ching!

and now for something completely different...(today's fbff questions)

1. what is your go-to pair of shoes?
i don't know that i have a go-to pair of shoes. i have a few favorites, i have some that are more comfortable than others, and i have a few that will go with just about any outfit, but i choose my shoes on a day-to-day basis, so i don't really think i have a go-to shoe. having said that, i have picked out my most worn shoes. here they are:

2. what goes into your shoe buying decisions?
cuteness and price. comfort isn't too much of an issue as i am used to wearing heels all the time. of course if a shoe is too tight, i won't buy it, but a high heel or pointy toe has never stopped me! i'm also a very frugal person, so as much as i want to buy a zillion pairs of jeffrey campbells, i won't. i will just look for a cheaper version of something similar. groceries trump shoes.
3. the majority of the shoes in your closet are what color?
hmmmm....i have no idea. i like to buy unique and colorful shoes. i do own a lot of black and tan shoes, but i really prefer florals, patterns and color.
4. when it comes to designer shoes what are your favorite brands and why?
jeffrey campbell, hands down. i love a huge, thick, chunky platform heel. i love his patterns and textures and styling. i don't think he makes a shoe that i don't love.
5. if price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe?
this one
or this one
or this one

do you sense a pattern???

how about you? what are your favorite shoes?
to check out more answers, or to join fbff, check out modly chic!

ps. i have to share these adorbs shoes that amanda and cayla got my niece mimi bird for her birthday.
real baby converse! so sweet!


happy friday, all!
xoxo,
megan bird

18 comments:

  1. I covet Jeffrey Campbells too. Badly. But you're right, gorceries definitely trump shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Groceries trump shoes! That's almost the same thing I said in my post. I'm just too broke to buy the good stuff, so it's all about the cuteness and the price! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I would love to have a Jeffrey Campbell shoe. Specifically these, in blue and brown : http://www.freepeople.com/crosby-platform/_/searchString/jeffrey%20campbell/CMCATEGORYID/683d4023-53f5-4900-b5ce-ecf465df31a9/?cm_mmc=GAN-_-Affiliates-_-Size%2011%20Shoes-_-Crosby%20Nicky%20Says%20Platform%20FP%20Pic%20Brown%20Teal

    prettyinandout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love JC too! I'm plotting to save up for a pair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of JC shoes until reading your blog and then this morning was mindlessly browsing and literally gasped at a pair on the screen. I love them and they cost a lot and, well, you probably get the rest. Too funny that JC came up on the blog today! I totally thought of you when I saw my JC shoes today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my blog!!

    I'm pretty sure I have those same brown boots, except mine are black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for comment dear! i am following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sparkly shoes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed on all accounts. Nice reference to Monty Python ;P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, those are some crrrr-AZY heels!! They are amazing, but I'm not sure I could pull it off! Whether I could or not, I'm still craving a pair now!!

    Oh and I love baby converse shoes, they're the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would kill for those Jeffrey Campbells. Especially the glittery ones. Though I'd probably fall over because they're so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeffrey Campbells <3!!!!
    I live baby shoes! there are something about them that makes my heart melt

    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the ravings of a Toe Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shoes you would buy if price was not an issue! I am really into platforms right now - but those are AWESOME! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love shoes! The animal printed heels seem fun. I'm mainly into boots & sandals (year round, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love those shoes! I actually bought a more affordable (grocery friendly) pair from Jessica Simpson called Dany, that look very similar to this style. I absolutely love the height they give me...so much easier to kiss my 6'2" hubby with them on:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just tooo cute! :D

    Thank you for commenting on my blog :)

    http://pinklittlebean.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete