Thursday, April 14, 2011

vintage on a dime: two bird's style

first things first...thank you so much to everyone's thoughts about my dumb neck. it is in fact feeling much better today. a mix of advil and stretching seems to work, so i will keep that up until it's 100%. so thanks for all of your kind words!

secondly, nora and i wanted to address a few questions that people have been asking us about the shop.  one being if we have an online shop. sorry, for now we don't. we find that we love doing pop-ups, and frankly don't have a ton of time to do an etsy shop. for all of you who do etsy, i commend you...it's a lot of work! but we do have our wonderful pop-up, and if you live in the twin cities we'd love to have you to our sales. or if you ever plan to visit, let us know...we would be happy to open our collection up to visitors, even if we aren't doing a sale that weekend. the other question, well not really a question...but more of a concern for people is that vintage is so expensive. we want to debunk this myth! nora and i have gotten to be quite the experts at vintage shopping. we know all the great places to find all the fabulous stuff, and we know how to bargain hunt. yes, we put a lot of time and effort into it, but it's a labor of love, so we don't mind one single bit. having our shop is so great for so many reasons, and being able to provide beautiful vintage and retro clothing to people at fabulous prices is one of the top reasons. so, we wanted to give everyone an idea of our prices. we have already shown you some of our beautiful pieces, so now you can get an idea what they cost. here are just a few examples of what you can get for your money...
 a specialty coffee drink, or this shirt

three subs (you all know the song!), or these red boots

two movie tickets, or this blouse and skirt

see, our prices are totally reasonable...some may even say ridiculously low! so yes, vintage is affordable. and oh so stylish. and so much fun! this is what we love about it...we hope that we are doing a good job sharing our love with you!

xoxo,
the birds



16 comments:

  1. Great post! I'll take the clothes over any of those items ANY day! I'm envious of your little business and it seems like so much fun. Wish I had the time, energy, space, etc. to do such a thing. Oh well, a girl can dream. Can't wait till the next sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - great idea about comparing the cost of vintage to the cost of things we all buy regularly. But I did get my starbucks for free today! :)

    As soon as my hubby realizes that I need an entire room for my clothes/shoes/accessories maybe I'll be able to make a road trip out and try some of your awesome stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a clever post. i must go vintaging now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could magically make you guys appear @ my house in the morning and help me pick an outfit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not eat to own there items in a heartbeat! Great post, creative and interesting! <3

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I totally want that striped shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, thanks for the sweet comment! so glad you said something so i could see this great blog. hope you're feeling completely pain-free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those red boots are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SUPER PUMPED for the next pop up! I went last time, before I knew who you lovely ladies actually were, and I can't wait to go again and actually say hello this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so true. I picked up a vintage Coach leather bag for $22 & a beautiful blue jacket for $3 by looking for vintage labels while thrifting.

    Sincerely,

    Julie

    oagj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome outfit, love the price comparisons you give. Really wish I could find something that cute for those prices. *ahw* inspiring. Thank you!

    Follow me,
    hurnrningbird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still hoping by some miracle I can come to your pop-up in May.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE! how you constructed the comparisons! What a clever idea :)
    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm up in St. Paul several times year so hopefully I'll be there when you have a sale or I'll just have to make you open the vaults to me! And I love how you compared the prices of vintage to prices of stuff we waste money on that doesn't even make up look cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever post ladies! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete