Friday, April 15, 2011

fbff: thank you! merci! gracias! arigato! grazie! xie xie!

1. when it comes to me personally – i owe a lot of who I am to:
is everyone going to say their family? it's an obvious answer. my parents and my sisters shaped me into who i am today. chris has helped me grow up and know what true love is. but my kids have shaped me the most. it's amazing what happens to you once you have kids. trying to juggle everything in life is hard, but watching my son hold the door for every single kid at school until there are no more kids left makes me realize that we've done a good job of it. or watching how incredibly stubborn my daughter is in her decision making – as hard as it is for us to deal with – it makes me happy knowing she will grow up to be a strong woman. watching our kids grow up, and knowing that their kindness and intelligence is at least part our responsibility, is huge, and it makes me want to be a better person.


2. when it comes to be professionally – i owe a lot of who I am to:
my dad. he has taught me so much about running a business and being a fair person. he is the smartest man i know and i really respect how he deals with people and decision making in his life.
3. when it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots:
well nora, of course. without her, this blog wouldn't be as fun as it is. other than that, it's for sure our readers. it's amazing how a single comment can make my day. i feel like i know our readers, it's odd. i'm sure you all know the feeling. i feel that if we all got together, it would just be one big, fun party. wanna?
4. one blogging challenge i’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was…
we haven't done a lot of challenges. we do ebew, and we participated in the wonderful fab in february. i guess i'd have to say that that was the best one. telling people how awesome you are can be difficult, but it was actually pretty fun and empowering to come up with those tidbits every week! 
5. to my readers, i’d like to say…
thanks! you guys are the best. seriously...i look forward to hearing from you every day, and i love reading your blogs. it gets me through some long days! a tip of the hat to you all!


as a side note, nora and i were originally both going to answer these questions. however, when she read my answers, we agreed that we would both have said the same thing. so, while i wrote this, these answers are from both nora and i. for other blogger's answers, check out Modly Chic.
happy friday!!
xoxo,
the birds

3 comments:

  1. i probably would have changed chris to jim. probably! but other than that, you're right on! thanks, megan bird! i am grateful for you. you make being a bird the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Aww this was so sweet! and don't worry. I put my family as well (Mom and grandma to be exact) you can always depend on family to shape who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have a big family, and you're all super cute!

    ReplyDelete