Friday, April 22, 2011

fbff: inspiration friday

it is the one year anniversary of fbff. this week's questions are the same as this time last year. of course, we were not members last year, so this is our first time answering. for other blogger's answers, check out Modly Chic.

1. which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration?
on any given day, it could be anyone. there are a few, though, that i pretty much love all the time. alexa chung, blake lively, rachel bilson and zooey deschenel. i love their style. it almost looks effortless. it doesn't hurt that they alll have mile-long legs, but the clothing definitely is cute regardless. i especially love alexa and zooey...they rock the quirky vintage look that i aspire to!
via
via
via
via

2. when it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?
not any one thing. a sunny day, a friday night out, my family, a magazine ad. i see beautiful things everywhere and want to duplicate it all. i love all things vintage and all things floral, so if i find pictures or clothing with either of those...it's pretty much a guarantee that i will be inspired by it.
3. how do you hope to inspire your readers?
what nora and i have always aimed to do is to show people that fashion is fun and outside the box. you don't have to dress off a mannequin to look good. take your own style and mix it up. we love taking ugly items and making them cute...and we hope that people can get a new take on fashion from reading our blog. of course that sounds a little egotistical...but really we just want people to enjoy their own sense of style, regardless of what that is.

4. outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?
i think i answered this last week. it's definitely my family. a funny quote from my daughter or a thoughtful observation from my son can make my day. i am one of those moms who is always telling funny stories about my kids. luckily (i think) they truly are funny kids and people like (i think) hearing their tales.
5. and since idol is ending… which songs inspire you?
this is a tough one. there are a lot of songs that inspire me. the one that pops into my head for some reason is "let the river run" by carly simon. have you ever seen working girl? oh that used to be my favorite movie, and every time i heard that song i felt empowered...even though i was only 14! or pretty much anything by simon and garfunkel, specifically "kathy's song". or songs like "visions of johanna" by bob dylan or "on the road again" by willie nelson will always get me up and going. i love music...i could go one for days about songs that inspire me in different ways!
via
how about you, what inspires you? do you have a favorite quote, song or fashionista that has changed your life?

happy friday, all!!

xoxo,
megan bird

17 comments:

  1. awesome post, good to know a little more about you :)



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy watching working girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired by these quotes:

    It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

    Let the beauty you love be what you do. Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! So funny, I always say this too, I'm a fan of outside of the box thinking & enjoy mixing my style. Thanks for sharing, it's nice to see what inspires others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel bilson and zooey deschanel are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment! the boots are steve maddens :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a quirky fashionably hip mummy, you inspire other mums like me, to ditch their PJs and put joy and love in what they wear. For me, I would say God inspires me to dress my best, it's also a way to tell people I meet that they are important to me. Blessed easter weekend!

    love-mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a great idea for the tunic..I will try it with a flowy skirt like you said. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for the inspiration...admirably, Dawn Suitcase Vignettesxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember hearing the song by Carly Simon on a Shirley Temple movie collection commercial...so thats what I think of.. haha!

    I love the celebs you chose as inspiration, they are truly amazing.

    matters of merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  10. you girls are too cute!! omg love this - rachel bilson is probably my ultimate fav for style inspiration :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way styled that...smock? That is a prime example of taking something that probably looks unpeakably hideous on the thrift rack, and turning it into something adorable and flattering. Brava!

    Simon and Grafunkel RULE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by my blog! that green purse is really my fav! hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that first outfit. Such great style, you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your FBFF! Zooey is so awesome. i actually referred to a different Zoe for my FBFF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zooey Deschanel is so funky fabulous! She has amazing huge eyes and a great voice. I totally love her style!
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  16. i do like rachel bilson's style even though i am not a big fan. my favorite fashionista is lauren conrad. :D

    <3, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for your comment, love the blue shoes!!

    ReplyDelete