1. when it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
i don't really know how to answer this. of course i love blogging, but i'm not going to ignore my family or work to post a blog. i usually have time to slip in a post every day...it really doesn't take too long for it to be an inconvenience. if it ever is inconvenient, i wouldn't want to do it. it's fun for me, so i always make time.
2. we all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. what are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
i try to take all my pictures the night before i blog. i get them all ready, so that in the morning, i can just enter the type and add the pictures. that helps with individual posts. i also try to keep a little journal, or just a text message or email to myself with blog ideas. that way, if i have any free time, i can look at those ideas and quickly come up with a post instead of spending more time thinking of what i should write about. but, for the most part, as i stated in question one, this is fun for me, so it's not burdensome. when i have time, i blog. when nora has time, she blogs. we don't pressure ourselves. of course it take a little pressure off each other knowing there are two people contributing.
3. have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
i guess i would just refer to question two. other than that, i don't really have any shortcuts.
4. do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
nope. just emails/texts/random pieces of paper floating around with blog ideas. aside from our regularly scheduled posts, i pretty much just write what comes to my mind each day. having said that, it does really help to have scheduled posts and regular posts like new loves and old friends or style me. having these helps because if we're ever stuck for a post idea, we know we can always do one of these (plus we love doing them so they are always fun)!
5. if time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
i would take better pictures. hands down. if i had more time, i would drive to a new location every day and take wonderful outdoor pictures. as it is, i have about five minutes to snap a few just ok pics...but for now, it is what it is. once the weather gets warmer, i know i can at least be outside in my yard taking pics! come soon, spring!
image via here
how about you? do you love blogging? do you wish you blogged? do you find it hard? tell us your thoughts!
happy friday, everyone!